Pachadi is a traditional dish prepared in kerala during Onam/Vishu or any other festive occasions as one of the dishes in sadya.
This is a very different way of making pachadi with the flavour of shallots which are not included in the traditional way of making pachadi. However this is very tasty and once prepared we surely will prepare many times since the taste is so delicious.
Apart from usual preparation, we are not adding crushed mustard also in this special pachadi.
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a blender, add grated coconut, cumin seeds and shallots and grind it a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup curd with this and mix well. Set aside.
- Add 2 Tbs oil in a pan and add the lady finger pieces.
- Add green chilly chopped and saute well.
- Add 1 Ts Salt and saute till the lady finger pieces turns slightly crispy.
- Switch off the flame and transfer this to the prepared coconut- curd mix.
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a pan. Splutter some mustard seeds, add few curry leaves, chopped shallots and red chillies and transfer this to the prepared pachadi.
- Combine everything and serve with hot rice.