Biryanis are always everyone’s favourite dish. Thalassery a commercial city in Kannur district in Kerala state.
Thalassery is famous for its Biryani which is quite popular all over the world. Its nice aroma makes it unique from other Biryanis. Its unique spices and the special rice called Jeerakasala Rice (Kaima Rice) makes it distinct from other Biryanis.
This is not an authentic way of making Thalassery Biriyani. This is an easy version of preparing at home so that everyone can try.
Try at you home you will love it.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut ¼ portion of apple, cut it into small pieces and blend well. Pour it into a pan.
- Take 5-6 grapes and cut it into small pieces
- Take the remaining grapes and blend well without adding water. Pour it in the same pan.
- Switch on the flame and mix it well for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add honey and combine well. Boil for 3-5 min.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add the grapes pieces and mash well with the spatula.
- When the jam gets thicker, check for consistency by pouring it on a plate and tilting. It must be in a non-flowing consistency.
- Bottle it when it is slightly cool down.
- Do not close the lid when it is completely cool down.
- Refrigerate and can be use up to 6 months.