Sabudana Khichdi a light dish made with sago/sabudana flavored with peanuts, chilies, cumin and curry leaves. Sabudana Khichdi is usually made during fasting days like Navratri, Shivratri or Ekadashi.
It is quite popular in Northern and Western parts pf India. Sabudana khichdi is extremely simple to make and yet so flavorful. This khichdi recipe is high on nutrition and low in calories. Let’s check how to make Sabudana Khichdi.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak 1 cup sago (sabudana) in water atleat for 2 hours.
- Wash drain the sago after 2 hours. Keep it in a stainer for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast ½ cup pea nuts for 5-7 minutes. Cool it completely.
- Transfer to a blender and crush it. Do not make it fine powder.
- Transfer the sago to a bowl. Add crushed peanuts and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbs clarified butter in a pan and add 1 Ts cumin seeds in it and let it splutter.
- Add 2 green chilli chopped, some curry leaves and saute well.
- Add the sago- peanut mix and combine well.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. Serve hot.