Uttapam or Oothappam is a traditional delicacy from South India especially Tamilnadu which literally means ‘poured appam’ in Tamil. Usually uttapam needs a fermented batter like Dosa batter. But here I am showing an instant preparation by using semolina (Rava) as an alternative. Unlike Dosas, Uttappam is slightly thicker and so soft as a pancake.
This healthy and tasty Uttappam will be perfect choice for Kid’s Lunch box too.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Add 1 cup semolina with 1 cup curd and ½ Ts salt and combine well.
- Add 2 Tbs water and mix very well. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add ½ cup water more and mix well. Batter is ready.
- Get ready all the vegetables chopped.
- Heat a dosa tawa and pour a ladleful batter. Do not overspread since the uttapam must be medium thick.
- Add chopped vegetables like onion, carrot, tomato, green chilli and finally some coriander leaves. You can vary the vegetables according to your choice.
- Drizzle some oil on the sides of the uttappam.
- Gently press on the top so that the vegetables should stick well. Cook for 2 minutes
- Gently flip and cook the other side.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and flip once again.
- Take out from the pan and serve hot with chutneys or sambar.