Rava/Sooji Upma is a common breakfast in South India. It is very easy to cook and can be ready in 15-20 Minutes. You can use ready-made roasted Rava from the market or you can roast.
Rava Upma is usually serve with coconut chutney or pickle. It tastes delicious even without any side dishes. Enjoy the delicious Rava Upma with a cup of Filter Coffee or Cup of Hot Tea.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Roast Semolina over medium flame till it turns aromatic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter some mustard seeds.
- Add Black gram dal(Urad dal) and saute till turns golden brown.
- Add Ginger, Green Chilli and Onion and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add Salt according to your taste.
- Add French Beans and Carrots and saute well.
- Add 3 ¼ Cup hot water.
- Add roasted Semolina when it starts boiling. Stir continuously while adding Semolina.
- Cover and cook over low flame for 5 mins.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Clarified Butter(optional)in order to get an exotic flavour.
- Cover and cook over low flame for 2 mins.
- Switch off and close the lid for another 5 mins.
- Rava Upma is ready to serve.Serve hot.