Winter time is the best time for pickling vegetables as we get lot of winter fresh produce at this season. These pickled vegetables are so easy to make and very tasty and healthy too. We can serve it as it is or as a sandwich filling.
Try out this easy way of making these yummy pickled vegetables.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Boil 2 cup vinegar with 2 cup water along wit 1 cup sugar and 3 Ts salt and stir well.
- Add 1 bay leaf, 4 cloves,2 Ts mustard seeds and boil well.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ginger pieces, garlic cloves, some green chillies, 1 carrot sliced, mixed colour capsicum, some cucumber and cauliflower florets and stir well.
- Cool it completely.
- Transfer to a sterilized glass bottle.
- Use it after 24 hours.
- Cut ¼ portion of apple, cut it into small pieces and blend well. Pour it into a pan.
- Take 5-6 grapes and cut it into small pieces
- Take the remaining grapes and blend well without adding water. Pour it in the same pan.
- Switch on the flame and mix it well for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add honey and combine well. Boil for 3-5 min.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add the grapes pieces and mash well with the spatula.
- When the jam gets thicker, check for consistency by pouring it on a plate and tilting. It must be in a non-flowing consistency.
- Bottle it when it is slightly cool down.
- Do not close the lid when it is completely cool down.
- Refrigerate and can be use up to 6 months.