Parippu Vada is spicy crispy and yummy South Indian tea time snack prepared from crushed pulses. Especially for Malayalees, Parippu vada with Tea is a perfect combination though ages. I’ve used Channa dal (Bengal Gram) for this recipe. Soaking tome varies depending upon the dal you choose. In this video, I’ve shown the step by step procedure of making delicious Parippu Vada. Let us have a look on that!!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak 1 cup Bengal gram in water at least for 3 hours.
- Wash well and drain completely.
- Take 1 ½ Tbs from the soaked dal and set aside.
- Transfer the remaining dal in a blender and grind well without adding water and transfer to a bowl.
- Add ½ cup shallots, 1-inch ginger piece, 2 string curry leaves, 3 green chillies, 2 garlic cloves, 3 red chillies and crush well.
- Add the 1 ½ Tbs Bengal gram which was kept aside with the grinded paste.
- Add the grinded shallots paste.
- Add 1 Ts salt.
- Add ½ Ts asafetida and mix well with hands.
- Make medium sized balls from the mix and flatten and shape it to a vada shape.
- Deep fry in medium hot oil till it turns golden brown.
- Enjoy with hot tea.