Neer Dosa is Mangalore/Udupi dish. It is one of the popular, simple, easy and healthy Breakfast of South India. The word ‘Neer’ means water. A thin, crisp dosa made with a runny rice batter. It is very light and is known to be a Kannada delicacy. It got its name because of its batter consistency. Unlike other Dosas, its batter has water consistency and does not require fermentation.
Rice is the main ingredient of Neer Dosa. I have added some shredded coconut to get Kerala Taste, but it is optional. But I like the coconut added recipe.
Lets cook! Step by step process for making Neer Dosa!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak the raw rice 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Add raw rice along with shredded coconut and half glass of water in a mixer grinder and blend it into a fine paste.
- Add some more water and blend again. Now transfer it to a bowl and salt and mix well. Check for consistency of the batter and add more water if needed to get a watery consistency.
- Now heat the dosa pan and when it is hot, grease the pan with oil using a piece of cloth or tissue.
- Pour the dosa batter using a ladle in a circular motion. Do not spread dosa batter as we do for other dosas.
- Just tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly all over the pan. Fill the gap with a little batter if any.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes until the upper part become non sticky.Do not flip the dosa. Just fold the dosa twice to get a triangle shape and plate it.
- The yummy Neer dosa is ready. Enjoy it with Chutney or some veg or non veg curries