Moong dal halwa is considered to be a perfect choice for winter since it keeps our body warm and protect it from many winter diseases. It is considered to be very special dish during weddings and other festive occasions. It takes a lot of time for us to prepare this amazing dish, but I really promise that the end product will worth every minute of our hard work.
A generous amount of ghee is used, but it really enhances the taste. We can prepare this in large quantity and refrigerate for future use. Let’s see the step by step process in detail in this video.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak 1 cup moong dal for 3-4 hours
- Wash 2-3 times and drain.
- Transfer to a mixer grinder and grind it into a fine paste.
- Make sugar syrup by adding 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water and boil water till the sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 Tbs saffron water and ½ Ts cardamom powder in sugar syrup and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup clarified butter in a pan. Add 1 Tbs semolina and 1 Tbs gram flour and mix well without any lumps.
- Add grinded paste and mix well.
- The ghee gets absorbed.
- Keep stirring and ghee starts releasing.
- It starts bubbling after 15-20 minutes. Stir till it turns brownish.
- Add the prepared sugar syrup. Mix well till the sugar syrup gets absorbed.
- Add some dry fruits of your choice.