Lemon rice is one of the most popular lunch dish from South India. A quick and easy recipe enhanced with distinct flavours of lemon juice, turmeric, whole chillies, dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves. It is really delicious and can be made quite quickly. You can make this recipe with fresh or leftover rice. It uses minimal spices in flavoring and is a no onion no garlic recipe.
NB: Use sona masoori/basmati rice for this recipe do not overcook the rice. The rice shouldn’t stick each other.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds, black gram dal, chana dal and saute till the dal changes in colour.
- Add peanuts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add green chilli and curry leaves and saute till the curry leaves turns crisp.
- Add whole red chilli and saute for a minute.
- Turn off the stove. Add turmeric powder and asafetida and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and add salt to taste.
- Mix well and serve hot.