Kannur Appam is a traditional snack from Kannur, a small district in God’s Own Country; Kerala. The basic ingredients of this Appam are Rice and Sugar. The Appam is small and round in shape. It is light and damn tasty to eat…
Here is how Kannur Appam is made.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Gently wash the rice and soak it for 5 hrs. In a mixer grinder jar, add the rice and cooked rice and blend it into a coarse paste.
- Now add Maida, sugar and 2 table spoon water and make it a fine paste.
- Now pour the batter in to a bowl and allow it to ferment overnight (7-8 hours).
- After 8 hours, add ¼ tea spoon baking soda and ¼ tea spoon cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now heat the Kara (appam making vessel) in a medium flame and pour ¾ portion oil in each parts of the vessel. Now add the batter and cook it on medium flame by frequently turning each side.
- Keep one side as white and the other side as brown color.
- Yummy Kannur appam ready.