Jalebi is one of most popular festive sweets. It is a crispy crunchy and juicy dessert which will melt in the mouth from its first bite. Step by step procedures of making these crunchy Jalebis is described in detail in this video.
If you start making this in your own home kitchen, you’ll stop buying from outside
Directions0/0 steps made
- Add 1 cup all – purpose flour, 3 Tbs corn flour, ½ cup curd, 1 Tbs clarified butter and some food colour and mix well.
- Add enough water to get a thick flowing consistency for the batter.
- Make a lump free batter.
- Ferment 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Add ¼ Ts baking powder and mix well. Thick flowing consistency.
- Add 2 cup sugar with 1 ¼ cup water and stir well.
- Add 2 crushed cardamom and 1 Tbs lemon juice and stir well. Now the sugar syrup is ready.
- Take a jalebi squeezer and pour the mix in the squeezer.
- Heat oil in pan. Squeeze spirals in hot oil and take out from the oil.
- Soak it for 5 minutes in the hot sugar syrup. Don’t soak more than that. Otherwise it will lost its crispiness.