Ela ada is a traditional Kerala sweet delicacy which can be served both as a breakfast and as an evening snack. Flattened rice flour dough in the banana leaf with sweet filling inside which is later steamed and the best part is the steamed banana leaves makes the dish so flavourful.
Try at your home you will love it. It is very easy to make.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Mix 1 ¼ cup grated coconut with 1 cup grated jaggery and 1 Ts cardamom and combine well. Set aside.
- Add 3 cup rice flour in a bowl. Add salted hot water in batches to get a wet mix.
- Now knead very well with hands until we get a very soft dough.
- Clean the banana leaves. Cut the leaves according to required size.
- Make balls from the dough. Flatten with palm on the banana leaves. Make as thin as possible.
- Spread some coconut – jaggery mix on the top.
- Fold it and make rice parcels.
- Place the parcels one by one in a steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Yummy and easy Ela ada ready to serve.