Chicken Peralan is a traditional Kerala dish which is really delightful treat for Chicken lovers. The exotic roasted spices make the dish extremely tasteful. It will be a perfect combination with Rice, Chappathi, Ghee Rice or any flavored rice of your choice.
Let’s see the step by step procedures so that everyone can try enjoy this heavenly tasteful dish at home.
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a pan, add 2 Ts red chilli powder, ¾ Ts turmeric powder,2 Ts coriander powder, ¾ Ts pepper powder and dry roast on medium flame till it turns aromatic. Do not burn.
- In a bowl, add 2 onion sliced,10 garlic cloves,2 Tbs ginger chopped,2 green chillies,1 string curry leaf and the prepared masala and 1 Ts salt. Mix well with hands till the onion become soft.
- Add 400 Gm chicken pieces and mix well with hands. Let the marinate sit for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, add 4 Tbs oil and add 1 Ts fennel seeds and saute well. It turns aromatic.
- Now add some curry leaves and the marinated chicken. Mix well.
- Add 1 tomato sliced and some coconut pieces and mix well.
- Add 1 Ts garam masala and combine well.
- Adjust salt level, if needed add more salt.
- Cover cook over medium flame for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add some coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Cook without lid till it become dry.