Chicken Fried Rice is one of the best weeknight dinners around! It’s a homemade version of my favorite Chicken Fried Rice. It’s easy, it calls for basic ingredients, it’s hearty and filling and it’s perfectly flavorful.
Chicken fried rice is an indo chinese version of fried rice where boneless chicken strips are added into the fried rice. Rice is fried and sauteed well and this is the perfect chicken fried rice recipe that is served in fast food centres and restaurants. The Basmati rice with chicken and vegetables is a combination you will make over and over! Once you try this fried rice, you’ll never want to get takeout from a restaurant again.
This Chicken Fried Rice recipe is just like the Chinese restaurant near your neighborhood Enjoy rice with roasted vegetables for a complete meal!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preparation of rice
- Wash and soak 1 cup of basmati rice for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, boil water in 3/4 portion in a vessel.
- Add 1 Tbs salt, 1 Tbs oil and add soaked rice.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes till 90% cooked. Make sure it doesn’t overcook.
- Strain and wash with cold water to prevent further cooking. Drizzle some oil to avoid sticking.
- Preparation of scrambled eggs
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a pan.
- Beat 2 eggs and add this to the pan. Add 1/2 Ts salt and 1/2 Ts pepper. Scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Preparation of fried chicken.
- In a bowl, add 150 gm chicken, 1 Ts salt, 1 Ts pepper powder, 1 Ts Soya sauce, 1 egg white and marinate well.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat 2 Tbs oil in a pan, ads marinated chicken.
- Shallow fry for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Preparation of fried rice
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a pan.
- Add 1 Tbs chopped garlic and 1 Ts chopped ginger.
- 1/2 cup spring onion(bulb),1/2 cup carrot, 1/4 cup capsicum, 1/2 cup beans and saute for 3 minutes over high flame.
- Add 1 Ts salt and 2 Tbs Soya sauce and cook for 2 minutes over high flame.
- Add fried chicken and scrambled eggs and combine well.
- Add cooked rice and combine well.
- Add 1 Ts pepper powder and 1 Tbs vinegar and gently mix it.
- Finally garnish with some spring onion.