Cheesy Garlic bread is commonly served in restaurants as an appetizer or starter with any main course.
We can use fresh garlic chopped or garlic powder as an alternative. It’s a cheesy buttery bread recipe flavored with garlic, Italian seasoning and also with stuffed veggies.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Add 1 Ts sugar and ½ Ts Dry active yeast in ¼ cup lukewarm water. Cover and let it rest for 10 min for the activation of yeast. Yeast bubbled up after 10 minutes means the yeast is activated.
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, oregano, chilli flakes, garlic powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the activated yeast mix.
- Make dough by kneading with hands. Add more water if needed. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Add ½ Ts butter and knead at least for 10 minutes. This will make the bread perfect.
- Cover and rest the dough for 1-2 hrs in a hot place. The dough should rise in its volume. The time vary depending upon the temperature at your place.
- Now punch and knead for another 5 minutes by spreading some flour.
- Flatten the dough by spreading some flour on the surface.
- Use a rolling pin and flatten the dough to a medium thick sheet.
- In a bowl, add 2 Tbs butter,2 Ts coriander leaves and 1 Ts chopped garlicand mix well.
- Spread this butter mix generously on the flattened dough.
- Add ¼ Cup grated cheese on one side.
- Add 2 Tbs chopped capsicum along with a pinch of oregano and chilli flakes.
- Fold the dough in to half and seal the edges with water. Again, generously spread the butter mix on the top.
- Finally add a pinch of oregano, chilli flakes and peri peri masala(optional) on the top.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Make cuts with a knife without cutting them fully.
- Pre-heat the oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes. Baking time may vary from oven to oven and depending upon the size of the bread.
- Brush some butter on the top after baking.
- Cut the garlic bread in to pieces and serve hot with mayonnaise or any other dip of your choice.