Beetroot Chutney is a yummy chutney with wonderful appearance. The colour of the dish is so attractive especially for the kids. It tastes excellent when combined with Dosa, idly or even with hot rice.
It is so yummy and doesn’t taste beetroot at all. Try this recipe, You’ll really love this.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Dry roast 3-4 medium sized red chillies over medium flame and set aside.
- Heat 2 Ts oil in a pan. Add 2-3 garlic cloves and saute well.
- Add 2 beetroot chopped and saute well.
- Add 1 Ts salt and cook well till the raw smell goes.
- Cool it completely and transfer to a mixer grinder.
- Add the roasted red chillies.
- Add tamarind pulp (gooseberry sized tamarind soaked in 3 Tbs hot water and squeezed).
- Grind without adding water if you prefer a thick consistency. Or else you can adjust the consistency by adding very little water. It will taste good in thick consistency.
- You can tamper it with some mustard seeds and curry leaves if you like so.
- A perfect combination for dosa and idly.