Badusha or Balushahi is a sweet which we can see in all mithai shops. This sweet is a favourite one for North Indians as well as a South Indians which is prepared on special days and festivals like Diwali.
Let’s see the step by step procedures for making This yummy sweet. Hope you’ll really enjoy this Diwali special recipe.
Directions0/0 steps made
- In a bowl, add 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ Ts baking powder and combine well.
- Add 2 Tbs curd, 4 Tbs clarified butter (Ghee), ½ Ts sugar and 3-4 drops yellow food colour(optional).
- Add milk in batches and make a comparatively hard dough.
- Don’t make the dough as soft as chapati dough. There must be layered texture.
- Cover with a wet cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding 1 cup sugar with half cup water and stir well till attains one string consistency.
- Add 2 cardamom and 1 Tbs lemon juice (to avoid crystallization). Sugar syrup is ready.
- Make balls from the dough and don’t worry about the cracks.
- Flatten slightly with your palm.
- Make a hole at the center. Repeat the process with remaining dough.
- Deep fry in hot oil over medium flame till golden yellow.
- Immediately transfer this to the hot sugar syrup. Make sure that your sure syrup is hot.do not put these in cold sugar syrup.
- Let it sit for 5-7 minutes in the syrup.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with some chopped pistachios.